Personal and Physical Development
- To provide an opportunity for young people in Onslow and Carteret Counties to engage in a wholesome, life saving, lifetime sport and recreational activity.
- To promote physical fitness and encourage proper conditioning and health habits.
- To provide opportunities for healthy social, emotional, and educational development.
- To foster the development of high self-esteem and help cultivate positive self-images.
- To create an environment in which the desire for self-improvement and goal achievement motivates the individual to fully develop their natural abilities and help others to do likewise.
- To provide opportunities to learn the values of hard work, dedication, self-discipline, and perseverance.
- To promote the ideals of honesty, integrity, good sportsmanship, and team loyalty.
- To provide quality instruction, training, and competition at all peer and ability levels.