(Thursday, June 25, 2020 Update)
Regarding Governor Cooper’s mandatory face mask order, masks are still optional in The GYM.
C. Exceptions. This Executive Order does not require Face Coverings for-and a Face Covering does not need to be worn by-a worker, customer, or patron who:
1. Should not wear a Face Covering due to any medical or behavioral condition or disability (including, but not limited to, any person who has trouble breathing, or is unconscious or incapacitated, or is otherwise unable to put on or remove the face covering without assistance);
2. Is under eleven (11) years of age;
3. Is actively eating or drinking.
4. Is strenuously exercising.
5. Is seeking to communicate with someone who is hearing-impaired in a way that requires the mouth to be visible.
6. Is giving a speech for a broadcast or to an audience;
7. Is working at home or is in a personal vehicle;
8. Is temporarily removing his or her Face Covering to secure government or medical services or for identification purposes;
9. Would be at risk from wearing a Face Covering at work, as determined by local, state, or federal regulations or workplace safety guidelines;
10. Has found that his or her Face Covering is impeding visibility to operate equipment or a vehicle; or
11. Is a child whose parent, guardian, or responsible person has been unable to place the Face Covering safely on the child’s face.
Anyone who declines to wear a Face Covering for these reasons should not be required to produce documentation or any other proof of a condition.
Children under two (2) years of age should not wear a Face Covering.