(Friday, September 4, 2020 Update)
Yes, we are open at 30% capacity!
We are committed to providing a safe and clean environment for our members to improve their quality of life! The GYM has customized standard operating procedures in place, but we also know there is strength in numbers, so we are asking you to join us in our commitment.
BEST PRACTICES TO HELP PROTECT YOURSELF AND OTHERS:
Bring your own sweat towel or purchase one. In effort to help keep our staff safe and healthy, we are no longer offering sweat towel service at the Front Desk. You may purchase a brand new sweat towel for $1.00 each or a large towel for $5.00 each. This eliminates the potential virus spread to our staff while handling laundry.
Please do not come to the club sick. If you are not feeling well, have a fever, or visible signs of illness, we ask that you stay home and take the time to rest and recover. Our previous recordings of “Live Classes” are available on our Facebook, YouTube, and website for your convenience.
Practice social distancing. We know it’s easy to forget to do. Please try to keep space between yourself and other members, you can do so by waiting for a doorway to clear or refraining from entering a small space that another person occupies.
Wash, rinse, repeat. Good hand washing practice involved immersing your hands in warm, soapy water for at least 20 seconds.
Disinfect your equipment. Viruses can live on hard surfaces for several hours. To kill germs, wipe down equipment with paper towel and disinfect before and after use. If you touch it, clean it. Do not reuse paper towels.
We are on the offense. Our club is fully stocked with hand sanitizer, tissues, paper towels, and disinfectant spray. Please use them!
In addition, we have added/implemented new practices throughout The GYM. Some examples include:
We will continue to keep the cleanliness and sanitation in our facility a top priority, so that members, guests, and employees have a safe and healthy environment to workout.
(Thursday, June 25, 2020 Update)
Regarding Governor Cooper’s mandatory face mask order, masks are still optional in The GYM.
C. Exceptions. This Executive Order does not require Face Coverings for-and a Face Covering does not need to be worn by-a worker, customer, or patron who:
1. Should not wear a Face Covering due to any medical or behavioral condition or disability (including, but not limited to, any person who has trouble breathing, or is unconscious or incapacitated, or is otherwise unable to put on or remove the face covering without assistance);
2. Is under eleven (11) years of age;
3. Is actively eating or drinking.
4. Is strenuously exercising.
5. Is seeking to communicate with someone who is hearing-impaired in a way that requires the mouth to be visible.
6. Is giving a speech for a broadcast or to an audience;
7. Is working at home or is in a personal vehicle;
8. Is temporarily removing his or her Face Covering to secure government or medical services or for identification purposes;
9. Would be at risk from wearing a Face Covering at work, as determined by local, state, or federal regulations or workplace safety guidelines;
10. Has found that his or her Face Covering is impeding visibility to operate equipment or a vehicle; or
11. Is a child whose parent, guardian, or responsible person has been unable to place the Face Covering safely on the child’s face.
Anyone who declines to wear a Face Covering for these reasons should not be required to produce documentation or any other proof of a condition.
Children under two (2) years of age should not wear a Face Covering.